Saturday, April 18, 2015



Nancy has joined us in Mendocino.  On our way to pick up her up at San Francisco Airport, Margaret and I stopped by to see the apartment a few miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Mill Valley where we lived once-up-on-a-time when we were young... I had gone back to school after having taught for two years...  I supported us by working at night as a guard at San Quentin Prison. We had David already; Nancy wouldn't come along to make us a complete family until we moved back to Yuba City.  At the apartment I asked Margaret to sit on the steps so I could get a picture of her in the exact spot where I had taken one of her and David  fifty-seven years ago. I knew where to find the original picture in a photo file I keep in iCloud. Life is good...




Fifty-seven years ago cars were parked at the top of the steps... Everything has changed... The parking area has been replaced by a wooded landscape... The tall Pine trees are now obviously older than David.

No comments: