Wednesday, April 29, 2015


Mendocino… a million miles from Baltimore.  Tomorrow we are heading back to San Diego which is not that far from Baltimore.  I’m in love with one of Cousin Sue’s redwood trees.That tree wears its bark well. The cabbage… well, it’s just cabbage; but maybe it’s the poet in me that helps me believe the cabbage is related in some important way to the tall redwood and to the spectacular azalea growing at the east end of the red house at the end of the lane.  The wheelbarrow, the shovel, and chair belong together.  The little garden snake slid by my left foot when I was watering a rhododendron… and I was startled, but I felt glad it could be comfortable enough in my presence to come close on its way to the lavender.  The car parked in front of Mendoza’s Market is a mystery.










No comments: