Monday, June 06, 2016


The San Diego Museum of Art’s exhibition, Quilts and Color, shouldn’t be missed.  When I first heard about the exhibition, I wondered if the museum was filling its exhibition space with an easy bunch of colorful quilts.  I expected them to be good, but I wasn’t prepared for the lesson in color in art that the early quilt makers offer.  Of course, the quilts are old and have been cleaned and pressed and presented with the kind of care that my grandmothers’ quilts got; Those quilts were beautiful but not works of art of the quality of those in the exhibition.  The ones chosen first by the curators of the Boston Museum of Art are real works of art.   Don’t miss this exhibition.


Also I’ve not been able to take pictures of “my hummingbirds,” but other birds at our hilltop have come to my attention.  I’ve included two of them on my BLOG today.








No comments: