Sunday, June 26, 2016


This has been an especially good day…  The rainbow eucalyptus I didn’t get today, but I have a very good reason to be thinking of rainbow flags and trees and...; and I’m not sure this is the season when the orange will be as brilliant on the tree as it is in this photograph.  On Thursday when I am walking through the park on my way to my volunteer stint at MOPA, I’ll check to see if the rainbow eucalyptus where I got this picture last year is showing off already this year.  As I’ve pointed out on other occasions, such as this month when the eucalyptus trees behind our house are losing all their bark and are standing naked for all the world to see them before their skin turns to the tough grey that will come in the next few months, the eucalyptus keeps a schedule.  I suppose we can say that about all trees.  I love watching them to see what is happening to them at any given time.  It was interesting, for example, to see the flowering trees in San Diego getting blossoms early this past year.  It will be interesting to see if they will bloom early and more fully in this new time cycle.  


Thinking of cycles in the world, I heard in church this morning that First United Methodist Church seems to be changing its way of relating to LGBT citizens.  There was a time when a few other churches participated in the Gay Pride Parade.  This year FUMCSD will be among them.  The parade will happen on Saturday, July 16.  Margaret and I will be in Mendocino on the 16th, but we are both very glad and proud that the church is coming to the party in San Diego. 



No comments: