Thursday, June 02, 2016


THURSDAY:  I expected the little bird to be gone when I got back from a volunteer stint at the Museum of Photographic Arts.  It is still there.  Still looking beautiful, but smaller and less mature than the sibling that flew away on Sunday.  The mother bird has been coming back to the nest today to feed the little bird.  I don’t know what to do.  How can I avoid the thought that this little bird may not be on schedule… It may be smaller than it should be.  I’ve noticed that the neck and head and the overall feathers are not quite right.  I know, I know… I’m anthropomorphizing, but how can I keep from wondering if everything is O.K.  The Mother bird keeps coming back to feed the chick, so that’s a good sign.  Everything I’ve read on the Internet says this little bird should have flown away two days ago.  She, I think it’s a female, is still here.  If you look at the back of the bird, you see a cluster of hairs sticking up.  I didn't see those in the sibling.  The feathers seemed to lie more smoothly on the back and sides of the sibling.

  At half-past-four I have a phone appointment with the APPLE company representative to help me solve a problem with passwords.   I don’t like the password game we seem to be playing with every organization that we reach on the Internet.  I've lost my e-mail facility because of a password glitch... so I won't be able to do the usual, regular daily e-mail of the BLOG...  So it's here or on Facebook...  



No comments: