Friday, February 19, 2016


WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

What does it mean?
Expose, in italics, people to God through Christ.
Sounds like something Jim Bakker or Jimmy Swaggert
would say to a T.V. camera
not having given enough thought
to the lack of clarity the statement has
to anyone real who likes words specific,
which I do in the second half of my life,
especially since I figured out 
that Orville Redenbacher became rich
being specific about popcorn.

Tuesday, April 24, 1990

P.S.  The last time I dropped into a book of poems that I'd written a long time ago and typed one of them out for this BLOG, I turned the 1990 into 1900.  Some people caught the mistake, and some of them told me about it.  Ninety in years is a long time.  I'll try to remember to edit more carefully.

Margaret and I went to Balboa Park this morning.  It's the third Friday of the month and we subscribe to a lecture series.  Today we heard Matthew Herbst, a member of the UCSD faculty, discuss the time when the Desert because Art... Reminded me again of reminders I've been getting from friends that this year Death Valley will experience a super bloom of wild flowers. I'd like to go out there with my camera... 






No comments: