Tuesday, February 09, 2016


NORTH SIDE OF THE SAN DIEGO RIVER from the Bike Path... I pedaled out to the ocean, stopped at the marina and felt glad I don't have a boat and after crossing to the other side of the river at Ocean Beach, in 80 degree weather, I felt very glad not to be in New Hampshire or anywhere in New England today where a blizzard is raging.  I'm also glad to be able to turn off the television coverage of the primary election action in New Hampshire.  Perhaps it is just my age, but I am feeling that this election year is the strangest of my lifetime... It's hard to figure out how THAT many people can be in favor of Donald Trump becoming the President of the U.S.A... then I remember that more than half of the people in the country aren't being asked what they think about Mr. Trump... and then I am brought back to the very strange Democratic race between Sanders and Carter and I realize those on "my side" of the political continuum must be as perplexed as I am by the issues.  Maybe when we are down to two people, maybe three, who actually will be nominated to run the race in summer and fall, the election year will seem more usual... Anyway... the bike ride was good today.  The river rolls on.






No comments: