Tuesday, November 03, 2015


Losing pictures…  I lost a couple of pictures, or rather, I lost track of how to move them from my iPhone to my computer so they could be used for my BLOG.  I went down to the City buildings to pay half of my tax bill for the 2016 year.  I don’t mind paying the property tax, because it’s a reminder that I have property… and a reminder that I have some responsibility for the good health of my city.  The hitch was that I couldn’t get the pictures to show up on my Computer Desktop.  I could see them on my iPhone but I couldn’t get the iPhone to show up anywhere on my Desktop.  I tried to reset everything by unplugging and plugging in again my iPhone.  Still nothing. I can see that the iPhone is being recharged, but there is no icon on the Desktop to show me how to access the phone from the computer.   Actually, all I want to do is to download the pictures from the phone to the computer. I have the folder all made and ready for the pictures.  I’ve labeled the new folder 11.03.15.  It’s what I do.  But I can’t locate the iPhone so I can download the pictures.  There are only two of them.  I found a folder of Anton’’s pictures with a wonderful image of Danya being held securely by a bear.  I don’t know where it was taken, but I like it so much, I’ll use it. I checked some other photos, these from a folder that was called “Cristensen Sony Sure-shot” and I remembered that my friend Ben gave me a camera to take to the museum, a gift, and I couldn’t give it away with the pictures still on it, so I took them off and kept them in a folder on my Desktop.  Ben has died, but there he is with his daughter Kyra.  I don’t recognize the place (I'm guessing someplace in Oregon), but there they are, so I’ll use their picture (no. DSC00215) today. Then in a folder called “Tree Orchid” I found image no. 166, and decided I’d use it.  How could I not use it? I'll go to the Apple Store tomorrow and find out what my trouble is.

Oh, I almost forgot.  The palm bark picture is from today, so I am legal, but I don't have the two pictures I took when I went to pay my taxes...  The Waterfront... A Playground with City Buildings as a background... I'll see what I can do about including those pictures tomorrow.






No comments: