Sunday, November 22, 2015


Sunday Mysteries…

Everybody who knows me knows that I like the mystery the surrounds me wherever I go.  Today I was surrounded by the mystery of trees that seem to be communicating something… to whomever takes the time to stop and look and listen.  First, The knotted piece of a tree surrounding a hole challenges anybody who takes the time to study it.  No matter how closely I look at the piece of a living tree, the meaning is hidden in the dark recesses of the hole.  I’m trying to decide if a whorl is intended and goes out of control before it decides what it will be.

On a tree near the one with the mysterious arrangement in and around the hole there is a patch of bark that makes no sense at all, yet in the absence of meaning there is something mysterious, something that defies understanding.  It’s like something an abstract painter would do knowing exactly what every mysterious part of it means.  


Not far away from the two other living pieces of trees, there is something that looks for all the world like an eye… but, of course…




No comments: