Tuesday, November 10, 2015

When I was still doing the four-letter thing called work 
on April 11, 1992... on school business.
I was in New York, Upstate New York, in somebody else’s home.
I remember the occasion… where does time go?
I was looking for the poem I put on the Blog yesterday...
and found the short poem... I'm using today.



Chairs, books, etchings, come old pumpkin seeds
dried in a dish in the kitchen window;
pencils in a long narrow tray from India;
a crystal frog and five elephants,
one of those a seven-year’old’s art project
in some long ago second grade class;
family pictures of weddings and picnics’
deep red, small rugs on polished wood floors;
water colors, bright pillows and flowered drapes
in a real home of honest people in Rochester.
The superfluous April rain respects the quiet warm.





No comments: