Friday, April 19, 2013

I am so bummed by the situation this week in Boston.  I'm trying to celebrate with the people cheering in the streets, but I can't get out of my mind the three dead from Monday, the horribly maimed dozens of healthy, ordinary good folks who are, I am sure, like my family, who are my people... and I can't get out of my mind that sad, miserable 19-year-old kid lying in the hospital, probably dying-- and if he's not, he's surely wishing he could die... I can't get out of my mind our good President's word "malevolence," which speaks of evil so much bigger than the 19-year-old kid... wondering how we manage to get beyond this week, this tragedy, this sadness.  I feel like blaming out there somewhere some politicians and religious leaders and any others who sit in safe, comfortable security and fan the sparks of discontent into the flaming conflagration and anger that ignited and consumed the souls of the 19-year-old kid and his older brother.  What potential for good is clearly lost forever!  How sad that is!

My pictures for today are just pictures.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My feelings exactly; I knew there was a reason I stalked you at Gompers.
Elizabeth T.

Anonymous said...

You said it much better than I could.
Surely we can do better!
M.L.

Anonymous said...

Very well said Mr. Miles.
Vin

Anonymous said...

I profoundly share the sentiments you've expressed in your blog. I believe it's vitally important to reflect on every facet of this past week in Boston and mull it over and over, trying to feel the anguish of all the families affected by the results of the bombings. Mindfulness of those events and the resulting harm those events have caused has the potential to strengthen our humanity and increase our compassion toward our neighbors. I thank you for circulating your thoughts on the internet. B. C.