Monday, April 01, 2013



Beacon Artworks Gallery, a delightful oasis in Old Town, San Diego, draws people into a veritable museum where the works of art are for sale. The Gallery, founded by the artist R. D. Riccoboni, is a destination not to be missed by visitors from out of town and a familiar retreat for people like me who know his work. I went there today to see what was new.  I decided on the spur of the moment to “paint” the painter with my camera... with a little help from Photoshop when I got back home to my computer.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the last photo yours made to look like a painting, or is it one of his? The composition is marvelous.

Jerral Miles said...

It's my photo... turned into a dry brush painting by the magic of Photoshop. I'm flattered to have the image (which is what photography is all about) compared to a "real" painting by R.D. That's the idea, of course.