Monday, April 29, 2013


DIGITAL MAGIC...

Occasionally I find someone who has resolved never to enter the world of digital photography... and I can appreciate the sentimental attachment to the smell of darkroom developer and fixer; but it’s the image that interests me, however it is produced.
  
I actually like processes... guidelines... even rules... maybe so I can break them.  With digital photography, there are no rules other than the ones imposed by nature and by the technology.  When the technology changes, I get in line to try it... and to play around with it.  

Today was another cell phone day... with a good deal of fooling around with Photoshop... With editing software I can try new ways of seeing, which isn’t a bad idea sometimes.












9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What incredible imagery!! Thanks for sending.
Roz

Unknown said...

Your just showing off now!

Anonymous said...

You really did a number today, wowzer images...
Michiel

Jerral Miles said...

Yesterday I was trying to remind myself that there is some ugly stuff out there... but that I don't have to buy into it... I was walking around with just my cell phone yesterday, and that sludge tank (I'm guessing) was there, and just down the block was the toilet... couldn't resist. I want the good dog to win.

Anonymous said...

Your cell phone days remind me of a photography course that I took about 10 years ago. The class all showed up on their first day with their SLR cameras and bags of lenses and ready to make great photos. We were promptly told to put away those fancy, expensive cameras and come to class next time with disposable point and shoot cameras from the drugstore. It was a great course about composition and lighting and we all took some really good and interesting pictures while unburdened by focus, apertures, shutter speed, f-stop and what have you. So, I know you are having a lot of fun with your cell phone camera.
Terry

Anonymous said...

Kind of like Georgia O'Keefe with a kaleidoscope!
Wayne

Anonymous said...

wow,
thought i was watching the wheels of the queens chariot...
J.B.

Anonymous said...

Jerral, You are now ready to design fabrics for quilting. I would love to use your fabrics. Carolee

Anonymous said...

Your mirrored images reminds me of Erte's art of the 1920s. Beautiful renderings!
Ben