Thursday, April 18, 2013


NANCY IS HOME...for a week.  While I waited near the airport for her flight, I played around again with the cell phone camera.  The first five pictures are taken with the phone;  I was trying to see if I could make reasonably clear images, especially with long and panorama shots.  For the first picture I was standing at the eastern end of Harbor Drive with the city in the distance across the bay.  Holding my phone up and pivoting slowly to get the panorama shot, I’m sure I looked like somebody with too much time on his hands. The picture of the boat harbor shows the curving effect of a panorama shot taken close up with the horizon receding quickly. The third panorama turns a small round-about into a wide space. The next shot, not panorama, captures beautifully the Naked Coral trees (native to Mexico) and yellow daisies in the circle.





Later in the day, we went to charmingly funky South Park for early supper at a wine bar. The following images were all taken with the Nikon D2X. It’s hard to resist crocheted lamp posts, bicycle racks, and window bars in rainbow colors.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those lamp posts are out of control, never heard of such a thing. Your early supper, right up my alley. And that iPhone is amazing.