Wednesday, April 10, 2013




THIS IS THE FOURTH DAY OF iPHONE PHOTOGRAPHS and I continue to be surprised that a tiny lens integrated into a small unit made primarily for communication can manage light, depth of field, macro, and speed issues almost satisfactorily... I’m not ready to abandon “real” cameras, but I’m going to continue through the week with just the iPhone... and I won't hesitate in the future to grab the phone when I can't lay my hands on another camera. With the phone camera cropping can be done without too much loss degradation of image. 

The close-up of the honey bee was cropped to 2.7 megapixels from a larger 4.7 megapixel image.  The red bottle brush was a special challenge because the clusters of bright threads could have run together blurring the image making it impossible to print satisfactorily.  I used a fish-eye attachment made by olloclip to get my shadow by the red curb and yellow fire hydrant... and again in the parking lot. The lemon was a surprise. I didn’t expect to get such good detail in bright light. With Photoshop I converted a yellow dandelion blossom to negative to get the blue explosion.  The lens managed the extreme close of the orchid.  Framing the image made it surprisingly formal. I don’t know what some of the spring flowers are called, but the little lens handled the colors well.  I surrounded the hyacinth with black.  It worked.  Great fun!







5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is amazing what that little camera can do...truly.

Anonymous said...

How fun and how beautiful.
M.L.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful works...what brand of Iphone do you have?
Joanne

Jerral Miles said...

iPhone 4S

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the next to last one is a lavender freesia. I have some blooming, but this is a very full one. Lovely. Liz