Monday, February 20, 2017


I’m probably violating some law by using this photograph of page 83 of the March issue of Harper’s Magazine.  Page 83 is the first page of the review of books section of the journal.  I read with genuine interest Christopher Beha’s review of Emmanuel Carrere’s The Kingdom.  Tomorrow I am going out to look for the book to read, and I am including the review here in this BLOG hoping that others will have a look at the February Harper’s (a bunch of other very good writing happens to be included in this issue), and those of you who know the story of Paul, the writer of much of the New Testament of the Christian Bible, will be as intrigued as I am by what Carrere has done… or at least by Bela's review of Carrere’s book.  I’m not going to include the additional two pages of Beha’s review because if I did I would indeed be committing an error that Harper’s and Beha would have good reason to accuse me of doing.  Get Harper’s first, then get Carrere’s book.  

No comments: