Saturday, July 30, 2016


This is the way my afternoon went.  I read The New Yorker Letter from Reykjavik, which the magazine called Cool Runnings about the recent election of Gudni Johannesson to be President of Iceland.  Then I went out with my camera and took a couple of pictures for the BLOG.  I was in the middle of taking pictures of ordinary plants not ten steps from the back door of our living room when it occurred to me that the plants on the back patio at our house, like the geraniums I photographed yesterday, are a lot like the country of Iceland.  The whole country of Iceland is not even one third the size of the city of San Diego where I live.  The new President of Iceland  was a university of Iceland professor before he was elected.  This piece is not about Gudni or Iceland.  It is about the fact that something beautiful and exceptional doesn’t have to be big. 


This BLOG entry is about America and its President and about the election that is coming to put someone else in his place.


No comments: