Wednesday, July 27, 2016



When I came down the stairs to our front door this morning, I saw a little swinging thing  above some green plants that I have been trying to keep alive in dry weather.   The spider was finishing a web and was paying little if any attention to the big guy walking, then standing, and watching it   I carefully took out my little pocket camera and set the adjustment to a close-up setting.  I moved close to the little creature… and startled it.  It quickly moved up and away from the guy with the camera.  Then it did what I guess spiders do when startled and threatened.  It wrapped its legs around it’s body and quietly, surely ceased moving any part at all.  I got close, with great respect, and got one picture.  It’s the one I’ve included in this BLOG today.  

No comments: