Saturday, December 01, 2012


Today’s BLOG writing is short.  Sometimes the thoughts that prompt journal writing are uncomplicated and sweet.  That’s the way it was for me today.  Margaret and I joined a few friends and the family of our long-time friend Pat Depew for lunch to celebrate her birthday.  Someone once told me, perhaps it was my mother, that it is inelegant when speaking of a lady's birthday to say her age, so I won’t say which number we celebrated with Pat today.  I will say, however, that we have had the pleasure of her friendship for a quarter of a century; and I feel confident that we will celebrate many more of her birthdays.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAT. 



Before the birthday party, I went down to Ocean Beach to take a look at the big surf all the weather people have been forecasting for the past couple of days.  Wow!  





No comments: