Thursday, December 27, 2012


I shouldn’t have expected to find the damned fiscal cliff where I wandered in Washington today.  Margaret, Nancy and I went to the National Gallery specifically to see Michelangelo’s David-Apollo.  I saw it once in Florence.  I didn’t see it the first time it was here.  That was during the Truman Administration.  

I couldn’t help but wonder today if any of those highly paid (with taxpayer money) legislators up on The Hill take time away from their busy schedules to come down every now and then to see the Michelangelos and Leonardos and Lichtensteins hanging or standing in what may be the best museums in the world.  If they don’t, the problem can’t be that they’re struggling with personal health problems that aren’t covered by their absolutely complete and wonderful health care programs (also paid for by taxpayers).










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are asking a bit much, aren't you?i
I wish their salaries would be docked every day they goof off
Have a good trip.
Liz

Anonymous said...

I could not agree with you more on this issue. Our legislators remind me of Rome when it was falling (as an empire) everyone knew it except them in Rome. They were too disconnected from their people, their empire, the world, and too much corruption, so they brought everybody down with them. I think it was the Visigoths that destroyed the aqueduct that fed water to all of Rome and without water they couldn't survive. I don't know if that makes any sense, but our legislators are so entrenched in their own beliefs that they don't see what's really important. It's all about the Tea party, about the extreme Republicans and their needs.
Carlos