Tuesday, January 03, 2017



These Chinese paintings on opposite sides of a small dish take me back to a time when we lived in Singapore, which is, of course, not part of China; but so much of what we experienced in Singapore and in other places in Southeast Asia gave us an appreciation for art and culture of China.  As I was taking pictures of the little house on the dish, I thought about a little house just below our apartment.  I realized that I know nothing about the little house near us.  I wonder what goes on inside the house. I wonder who lives there.  I wonder how long the house has stood in the place known as Paradise Hill above an area known as Paradise Valley. I stood on our balcony and aimed my camera at the little house wondering if there is significance to the pattern on the very top of roof.  Life is good.  It's best not to know everything about some things.



No comments: