Wednesday, January 25, 2017


A Balboa Park Rainbow Eucalyptus:  Sometimes beauty is right there on the trunk of a tree.  It just requires a slower pace, a closer attention, a willingness to see something that isn't immediately obvious.  I'm afraid to say where in the park this tree is growing and where on the tree I aimed my camera (actually my cell phone camera).  Vandals have already found the other side of this tree, and they have already done the "kilroy was here" defacing that a few people seem not to be able to control in themselves... perhaps because they don't go more slowly, pay attention more carefully to the beauty that is there, and are unwilling to see the extraordinary natural beauty that is right before them. If they should pay attention to the details of the common plants near the tree, they would want, I hope, to protect and keep the natural mystery of the thing itself.

No comments: