Thursday, January 12, 2017


Today is Thursday, my volunteer day at the Museum of Photographic Arts.  I parked the car on the east side of Balboa Park, and thought I'd better get at least one photograph before the rain started, so I used my cell phone to get a picture of the curb.  I've always liked curbs.  There is something about the abstract expressionistic sense of the darker pavement of the street separated from the lighter color of the sidewalk by the curb, painted red now gone to pink from age. My intention was to have only one photograph for the day, and this was it; but in a couple of minutes I came upon a Eucalyptus that had been knocked over... The gentle rain yesterday and last night and the wind had brought the tree down. I knew the faded red strip would be joined in the BLOG by the amazing tree, flattened by the storm.  California has been in a deep dry spell for three years.  Southern California especially has suffered.  Trees and grass and shrubs have needed the rain we've been getting this December and January.  Today I am celebrating the end of the drought.






No comments: