Thursday, January 26, 2017


What is the record, I wonder, for the least sensible, most perplexing, most terrifying first week after inauguration of an American president?  Has there ever been a week after the inauguration like this one?  Is anybody really comfortable, in either political party, with the person who has been elected to the office that is the seat of the  most powerful individual in the world?  What can members of his family be thinking?  Does he really understand what he has been elected to do?  Does he care that he doesn't understand?

I go to bed every night wondering what tomorrow will bring from him.  I wonder every night what his tweets tomorrow will say. For the first time in my lifetime I wonder if the country that I have always been glad to be part of can manage to get to the end of a president's administration with its moral and political base intact.




No comments: