Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It seems appropriate, looking back on it, that I rode through Mission Gorge today where rock-strewn hills and soaring steep cliffs rise up on both sides of the narrow road. I say the ride was appropriate because I came home to listen to President Obama deliver his State of the Union Address. I like what he had to say. Some media wonks pronounced his speech and the mood of the house to be boring; but I have a very different, very positive sense of the man and the sense of his effect on people. Barack Obama is a solid rock of a president. He made it clear that he needs us and we need him. He is the people’s president. He said, "We are part of the American family. We believe that in a country where every race and faith and point of view can be found, we are still bound together as one people; that we share common hopes and a common creed."

1 comment:

Rajesh said...

Hi Jerral,

I was around. As usual, stole some snaps for my screen savers. Thank you so much.