Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Perry

Queenie

I went out early on my bicycle to have coffee with a couple of friends and Queenie... and on the way back home I stopped to look closely at some poppies. My experience of poppies is what my friend David wrote about even before I stopped to look at them.

"It's ok not to be focused today on what you were focused on yesterday.  What you are focused on today is what you are focused on, and that is where you are...and that really is perfect.  Something as simple as that sounds trite, but then so did about 100% of what every great teacher ever taught about what is.  What they said was just too simple.  So, mostly their teachings have been misunderstood, misquoted, and mis-used, or more accurately, abused.  I know what you were focused on today was perfect, because I enjoyed viewing the photograph and reading the writing.  I simply did. 'What is, simply is.'  (I don't think that was actually the exact quote, but close enough.)  It's unfortunate we tend to discount (think about) what is, instead of experiencing and enjoying it.  'If you experience it, it's the truth.  The same thing believed, is a lie.'"

--from David's e-mail this morning, about yesterday... and today... and...











No comments: