Tuesday, January 11, 2011

à propos de rien

The theatre next door to the Chinese restaurant
as far as I know never presents 中国歌剧
or even wayangs,
and the Chop Suey
is distinctly American
not likely to be found
anywhere in China or
even Singapore.

The American pear tree blooming
in San Diego while a snow storm rages
from Atlanta all the way up to New York,
and the last and only tomato harvested
in my back yard yesterday

have nothing to do with the pedestrian
crossing sign on the street where I live
or the historic marker on the sidewalk
outside the theatre in North Park, but
in pictures are all proof that I was there.

But the orchid is another matter...

1 comment:

Rajesh said...

Jerald, Your blog has some of the most enchanting photos on things that we otherwise miss in everyday life. Your flowers now adorn my wall paper :)

Thank You.