Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SAME SONG, SECOND VERSE: Yesterday Dr. Tommy Korn implanted an intraocular lens in my right eye. I went back today for him to take a look at his work; he and I are both very happy with the result of his surgery. On the way to my appointment with Dr. Korn, I wore the clear plastic device with holes that is familiar to anyone who has had cataract surgery. On the way home, I didn't have to wear it as long as I promised to put it on again before I go to bed each night for the next couple weeks. The drive home was another WOW! experience. The daisies along the freeway were dazzlingly beautiful. The sky was dazzlingly blue. There is so much in the world that is beautiful that I am almost overwhelmed with the sense of well-being and blessing. I made two decisions as I drove home. I will try my best not to stand in the way of blessing and beauty for any other creature. The other decision was easier, and I dedicate the result to the good Doctor Korn and his outstanding medical team. I went back to the edge of the freeway with my camera and got my picture for the day, seeing the flowers as I had not seen them since I was a much younger man.

No comments: