Monday, March 02, 2009

FRIDAY, MARCH 2(You may want to click on this image to see it larger)

Over coffee today Ben Christiansen, Robert Buck, and I talked about a project for which we share some responsibility. On the way home from the coffee shop, Ben and I dropped off Robert back at his house, then we stopped at Sunset Cliffs for me to try to get today's picture. When I got home to edit the images, I was reminded once again that all photography is about light. I let my mind wander from the light in our coffee shop discussion to the light in the sky above the ocean to the light on the ocean to the light in me. The conversation below is not the one we had in the coffee shop but an imaginary one that had its beginning there.

LIGHT SEEKING LIGHT*

And he said
matter of fact like
God is cosmic energy which explains

exactly nothing.
Does it matter
in light of the fact...

what fact? What light? 
I want to know
does it matter if

we were squeezed
out
of some cosmic

dust from which and
back to which we go and
come and go and come until

matter of fact matter is fact, 
therefore,
I am,

I matter... I am
energy,
light of light.

No comments: