Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ed bought a big, framed photograph of a bridge across a canal in Amsterdam... all black and white except for an orange bicycle... I came home after seeing it, looked through my photographs and found one of my own with an orange bicycle... and did the same thing with it. Even though it's not an original idea, at least the photograph is my own. I got carried away with Photoshop and couldn't stop myself until I had done some interesting things with Spanish Village in Balboa Park.JAZZ ON THE EDGE

Sitting there talking
as if the conversation had slipped back into place
interrupted in some forgotten summer
two friends together again
light and sound zooming through time and space
affirming the connectedness,
the predestination
the absolute essential unavoidable belonging
no punctuation marks
just the catching up
what’s happened

How has it been out there on the edge
my Friend
especially at night

That other exchange of greeting
in a dream surrounded by photographs
moving icons in a black and white cathedral
stations of the cross
how do you do
out there on the edge
the necessary prelude

There is more here
than meets the village eye
promise of perhaps poetry
a symphony of primary colors
tucked away since age sixteen
the background music
saved back for this superficies
these two asteroids
shooting through space
a direct hit

Play it now
Out there on the edge
while I listen.

No comments: