Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yesterday I wrote in my journal about the couple of unsettling hours I spend wandering around the streets downtown near Horton Plaza. The dozens of apparently hopeless homeless people scattered all helter skelter everywhere as if dropped from the sky left me feeling as if I will likely not live long enough to know a time when California's poverty problems will be solved. One of the gubernatorial candidates apparently has no interest in solving them, and the other would like to see things get better for people on the street but probably doesn’t have the political moxie to get anything done in Sacramento. Anyway, that’s not the point of today’s blog with yesterday’s pictures. The point is that I spent a few minutes with a new friend in a gallery empty of people but full of wonderful pictures. Her name is queen. As you can see in the first couple of pictures, she seemed to need the place as much as I did. It’s a gallery at the Tenth Avenue Art Center where Queen’s and my friend Clyde Yoshida has a bunch of his paintings on the walls. I took some Photoshop liberties with the images. It is a gallery after all. The way to make an image larger is to click on it.

No comments: