Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This afternoon after a couple of hours of good, soaking rain, I headed over to Balboa Park to visit the three rainbow eucalyptus trees that I know there. A RAINY DAY IN SAN DIEGO PRESENTS RARE OPPORTUNITIES FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS... and as with most rare opportunities, there are a few challenges. Holding an umbrella in with one hand and my camera with the other, I waded through puddles and wet grass to get the pictures I wanted. Rain saturates colors to an extent that they seem almost unreal in photographs. The “bark” photographs today are definitely keepers. They stir something inside me the way Elsworth Kelly or Morris Louis paintings do. It’s supposed to rain again tomorrow, so I’ll go out again to get photographs of some unusual trees with uncommon green bark. They should be spectacular in the rain.

If you live in San Diego and want to see the rainbow eucalyptus trees, give me a call and I'll tell you where to find them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerral, I've never been the kind of guy who looks back with regret over time twisted and rearranged, possibilities unexplored or prematurly ended intentionally or otherwise. Any "lifetime" to which I've given my self is a lifetime I still can live in selected moments that become as real as any lifetime anywhere with anyone...it's a lifetime I can spend with you anytime I want...a real lifetime because of the real October moments motivating them. The cart I push has balloons and bubbles, wine and champagne, hotdogs and crepes, cake and ice cream, and pillows for naps. And a red oak table with extra leaves and extra chairs, lots of them, for the people I know and will know with whom my life will always involve eating and laughing and dancing and drinking and sleeping and loving and raising kids and being raised by them and of course a RAINBOW, eucalyptus or not, or a picture of one to send to a friend who will send back a pot of gold. Wish I had more time to work this...but I'm sure you see the gold I wanted to share with you today. Peace, Bob