Monday, August 23, 2010

As is often the case, I found today’s photographs right at home. An impressive lizard about ten inches long has taken up residence on our back patio. It’s long enough to give me a start when it wriggles across the floor. It has grown so accustomed to me that I was able to get within a few inches of it today to get some pictures. You can see in its eyes that it is wary, not completely trusting that I won’t hurt it. I like very much the pattern on its skin. I’m guessing it eats insects; so along with the spider in yesterday’s photograph, we’ve got the insect problem covered.

Another impressive living thing at our house is an aloe vera that I took out into the sunshine today for a photograph. From every angle it is beautiful. What grace. What perfect color. And it has medicinal value... is good for rashes and burns.

No comments: