Thursday, June 01, 2017


Margaret and I went to an astronomy lecture tonight.  The subject was about Europa, Jupiter’s smallest moon.  Europa was discovered in 1610 by Galileo.  Jupiter’s smallest moon is slightly smaller than our moon. I am always looking for reasons to be alive longer, and learning more about this moon of Jupiter as we explore the solar system has me really curious to know if this place with water and oxygen could possibly have some form of life. 


I was thinking midday that my BLOG writing today would be a statement about the foolish president of our country’s withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accord, but I decided against doing it… mainly because there is nothing that makes sense about his decision to join the two other countries of all the nations on Earth, Syria and Nicaragua, which declined to be part of the Accord. 

Today was my volunteer afternoon at the Museum of Photographic Arts, and I decided to take pictures of odd plants growing in the part of the Park that was a nudist colony in the 1935-1936 California Pacific International Exposition.  The area is now a butterfly garden. I’ve never heard any reasonable explanations for having a nudist colony as part of the 1935-36 event. I don’t expect to hear anything from anybody that makes sense of the President’s statements today.






No comments: