Friday, June 16, 2017


Back home in Paradise Village:  the palm trees outside the building where Margaret and I live are fresh and very much alive.  It's interesting to speculate about how the very first palm tree grew.  How many millions of years ago, I wonder, was the very first palm tree born? Evolution is an interesting phenomenon.  Everything alive, including Nancy's cat and the Davids' dogs, and you and all of the people alive on earth today... all of us and everything fit somehow into the evolutionary scheme.  I believe it.  Of course, I don't know what to do with the myths of the holy books... how to fit the stories of the beginnings of things into those classic, mythological accounts of beginnings.

Oh, I'd better say something about why there were no pictures and no accounts of days for the past week.  I had a little procedure done at the hospital... everything went well... Now I am back home again after three days in hospital.  Nothing to worry about.  I had some good thinking and reading time.  It was glad to come back to Paradise Village yesterday.




No comments: