Sunday, September 20, 2015


YESTERDAY'S BLOG... A VERY SPECIAL DAY, but I found myself without WiFi connection when I got ready to send it...  So I'm a day later with one of the most important first days of a most important weekend. The wedding rehearsal for Hajime and Maily... and then the wedding on SUNDAY, the 20th.  Of course, as the person standing in the role of officiant, I couldn't have a camera.

Kouros is one of the most valuable pieces of sculpture at the Getty Villa down Highway 01 from where Hajime and Maily got married today.  Kouroi is the name given to statues of young men who are said to represent the Greek physical ideal during the Archaic period (700 to 480 B..C.) Hajime is no statue, but he definitely comes to mind when the subject is ideal young men. Fifteen years ago the Getty acquired its most important kouros. I recommend a visit to the Getty Villa to see it. Hajime represents for me the ideal young man from the entire period of my school career.  He is everything a man should be… In Maily Thy Chu he has found the ideal young woman.  They are now married.










No comments: