Thursday, April 17, 2014

Credit Where Credit Is Due

Trying out Sony’s innovation in the world of small cameras today, I looked for images mostly in keeping with this week’s bird theme.  The Camera is a marvel of technology.  It doesn’t have a viewfinder or an LCD viewing screen.  It must be paired with a smart phone, and it does even better what the cameras in smart phones are already doing… much better.  It’s Sony’s DSC-QX100, and I’ve paired it with my iPhone. The industry calls it an attachable lens-style camera. With 20.2 megapixels and Zeiss optics, it may take the place of the big heavy cameras I usually take on long trips. I’ve posted here six of the dozen photos I shot with it today.  I’ve got to focus on getting my mind around this new notion of what a camera is and what it takes to make a photographic image, so I think I’ll take only this QX100 on a month-long driving trip that Margaret and I are beginning this weekend. If I leave everything else behind, I will learn what the QX100 will do.




By the way, if anybody seeing these pictures knows the name of the brown bird eating wild oats, let me know what it is. I couldn’t find it in my San Diego bird book.


With the camera on a tripod in front of the hummingbird nest on our back porch, I operated the focus and shutter controls from inside the living room, having set it up while the mama bird was out getting food for the chicks so she didn't even know I was there.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't you just love anew toy. The photos are great. Just when I get my "big" camera, the world is going small. I'm always a step behind.