Thursday, May 20, 2010

The little city of Hersey, Pennsylvania, is a really big show all by itself. Except for the big theme park in the middle of town with towering, terrifying rides, Hersey looks like the small American cities I remember when I was a boy. The main drag is Chocolate Avenue. In Chocolate World we took the grand tour.In Harrisonburg the state capitol is being renovated.The Sesquehanna flowing through Harrisonburg is one of America's significant rivers.St. Patrick's Cathedral's dome rivals the Capitol dome.This is Pennsylvania farmland just at the state line between Pennsylvania and Maryland on the highway between Frederick, Maryland, and Harrisonburg, Pennsylvania.

1 comment:

dcpeg said...

Hello, Jerral. I found you by way of Mark's Rants and Raves. Seeing your pics and reading about Hershey reminded me of trips my family took there during my childhood. The smell of chocolate should have been a joy, but it was so pervasive it ended up turning my stomach. . .*sigh*

Loved your pics of my home, Washington, D.C. It's a great place to live AND visit, eh wot?!

I really liked what you said about life being short, etc. I'm going to make a point of visiting your blog more often!