Wednesday, May 26, 2010

THIS IRELAND... The Way I See It.This Ireland is so beautiful, so peaceful, that it is hard to believe the English and the Irish, the Protestants (Anglican Catholics) and Roman Catholics have found reasons to hate each other. I don't even like to think about the damage done to people's lives by disputes over religion. Religion should be the source of solutions to problems between people, not the cause of the problems.
Yaughl is a quaint little town between Waterford and Cork. The John Houston film Moby Dick with Gregory Peck was filmed here.Blarney Castle west of Cork is as green as anyplace I know in spring. The famous Blarney Stone is on top of the castle and for six shillings you can have your picture taken kissing it. The disinterested fellow helping "get down" to kiss it was a definite turn-off. I decided I it would probably be dangerous for me to have more power of the gab than I now have, so I passed up the chance. The view from the top of the castle was definitely worth the climb.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

agree.... I hope that one day we use religions for what they are, to help enrich our lives and to pull us closer together.

Unknown said...

You-Are-Killing me with these beautiful pictures of one of my favorite country's. What great memories for me looking at them.
My daughter went to Trinity in Dublin for her Masters, lived there for a year, so of course my wife and I HAD to go. This was about 3 years ago. I just love Ireland. Being 2nd generation Irish, I really feel a connection..just love it. Thanks for the photos.