Sunday, January 31, 2010

HE DIVIDING SPACE BETWEEN IMAGINARY BEASTS AND REAL ANIMALS CAN BE VERY NARROW. Beginning with a stretch of beach under the Big River bridge, today I walked a circle trail that surrounds the little town of Mendocino. None of the animals and birds I saw after I left the beach seemed more real than a giant lizard which a group of young people had created out of a big log that had washed up onto the beach. They subdued and harnessed it with great ropes of seawood.
We've heard the tale about a mountain charging onto the front yard of the house where we're staying to take down a deer that was feeding there. I've not seen the lion, but I see deer everyday.


Margaret and I watched a falcon flying low looking for a meal in the high grass on a cliff above the sea.

ROBUST ROBINS are everywhere around Mendocino.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The falcon shot...beautiful. They all are really.