Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I am going to claim this photograph as my own, no matter what anybody says about how I got it. I wasn't in Washington. Barack Obama was in my house...on my television...being sworn in to serve as my President, as our President. I aimed my camera at the TV at the right moment, and I clicked the shutter so I claim it as my picture for the day. There are several things I like about the picture. First of all, I am so proud of my President and am glad he could be my photo du jour... He fills me with hope. Second, I like all the people in the photograph, especially the little boy. This President will determine to a large extend what kind of America that little boy inherits from us. I almost went to Washington this week so I could be with Nancy and two or three million other people crowded into the Capital Mall to be part of this historic occasion; but I'm very glad I stayed home because I got this good picture of my good President.

No comments: