Monday, January 26, 2009


EXPLAIN GOD WITH FLOWERS

Explain God with flowers and mountains
deserts and creatures in the deep black sea,
not words and theology
especially to children
or old women and men
waiting on the outer edge of living.

“God is God,”
the withered little man said,
“and I ain’t even certain sure of that.
But I can tell you,” he said,
“Something touches me now and then
like a feather moved by a baby’s breath.
That’s as much evidence as I’ve got
except the world,
the stars and moon and universe.

God is God.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerral. Just want to repeat what I wrote this morning, that you do have another talent in poetry to join your prose and photography. Much like Ed Hersh you are direct and wise. wish you might publish so that, an old fashioned guy lie me, can hold inin my hand.

Jim