Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday, January 21
The orange in the middle is the photograph I took today... before I began fooling around with Photoshop. I won't even try to explain where or why my imagination goes where it does sometimes... except to say that the orange is very special; and to say that when I was aiming my camera lens at it, I kept thinking about the old Italian tale about The Love of Three Oranges and my wonderment and admiration of Sergei Prokofiev who made a little opera around the tale and composed for it a beautiful march which goes through my head if I allow my mind to go where it wants to go when I look at this special orange. If you click on the WEB address below you'll see and hear Itzhak Perlman playing the march.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vI_MWJm2AI0&feature=related

No comments: