Tuesday, July 22, 2014


PLAYING AROUND… 

Sometime in the middle of last night the last of my orchid buds opened into full bloom.  I’ve had extraordinary good luck with orchids this year.  Three of seven of that I pamper on my back porch have bloomed this year.  There is no chance that I’ll get other blooms this year.  I can see already that one of my favorites, one that has bloomed each summer for the past three summers, is getting ready to bloom again next year.  I confess that I don’t know how to make an orchid bloom year after year.  I haven’t actually studied orchids beyond becoming aware that they shouldn’t be overwatered and they shouldn’t be placed in full, all-day sunlight. A remarkable thing about orchid blossoms is that they last a very long time after they open, so I can expect this new bloom to remain open and fresh for at least three months.


…so today I celebrated by making this new, this last bloom, my photo du jour; and I took great liberties with it in the editing process… Great fun.









No comments: