Tuesday, February 28, 2012


Sometimes a sailboat on San Diego Bay is just a sailboat. Sometimes its whatever I want it to be, and today the one I saw from a great distance was old enough to be a barque... you know, one of those smaller three masted sailing boats... not square rigged but sloop rigged to go long distances fast with cargo; so I got a few pictures and went right home and played with that sailboat. I remember going out to play with a sailboat my dad got for me somewhere... I don’t know where he got it, and I don’t know whatever happened to it; but I remember the day I got it as if it were yesterday.

An old man can still play with a gift of sailboats. How fortunate I am to be old in the time of digital cameras and computers and "Photoshop."  Wow!  (Back there a couple of sentences ago I had the impulse to change old to older, but I changed my mind... and like playing with sailboats, that kind of decision can feel good.  If that doesn't make sense to you, it's because you aren't old enough yet.)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Makes sense to me. Love all the boats, but the first, original, with the bird in the foreground, well, I particularly like that one.