Monday, August 22, 2011

This has been Son David's dancing partner for the past week. He is waltzing back out into the world tomorrow with his best partner, Son-in-Law David. We celebrate.
My friend Mary Louise sent me this uTube... about retirement. Take a look.
http://www.garynorth.com/public/6791.cfm

RETIREMENT

Morning is the first friend
that comes to start the day
to say retirement last night
wasn’t the last...funny how
words and yes love rituals
don’t stop when work turns
to whatever the day brings
that can be done or not

breakfast is even better
no rush to finish anything
and fog still comes the way
Sandburg says is does
in San Francisco not only
then but now and forever
only it isn’t necessary to go
out into it unless the urge
to disappear for awhile
rises up and yes that too
a blessing still the same

lunch comes wherever
or whichever comes first
or not anything mostly
something I still can’t do
perhaps like a project
I never could take naps
I’ve always wanted
never to miss anything
so with eyes wide open
I rest maybe if resting
can be done on a bike
thinking maybe after all
I could learn to take naps

dinner isn’t the final act
for a day but continues
the goodness because
Margaret is there still
to take the day’s report



No comments: