Monday, May 11, 2009

MONDAY, MAY 11The Hills around Vacaville, a few miles west of Dixon, are turning from green to golden. It wasn't until I had moved away from this area forty years ago that I began to realize how beautiful it is. In another month the hills will look like giant, tawny sleeping animals. They won't turn green again until after the first rains in October or November. By Christmas everything will be green again.

I was walking along a fence row behind Vacaville when I came across this jack rabbit. He looked me over before beginning his crazy dance up over the hill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerral, Your pictures of the region around where you and Margaret grew up does look quite interesting. Dixon and environs. You have said that the four of us should drive up to all this beauty. Sounds great to me. Irene and I still need to become better acquainted with California, including the area north of Sacramento.

Jim