Sunday, December 10, 2017


The sunset over the Pacific Ocean, seen from our living room, reminds me that just up the coast from where I live a terrifying fire is burning toward towns and homes.  I am reminded that I am very, very fortunate to live in a safe place where the sunset reminds me of fire, but doesn't horrify me.  It is just another beautiful piece of my life.

I am trying to figure out why I got to church, especially to the church I attend on most sunday mornings.  I am wondering these days how to explain to myself and to anyone else who is interested in knowing why the ridiculous man who is President of the U.S.A. was elected to the office by evangelical Christians who go to church regularly, I guess, but don't see what is wrong with and inconsistent with the central message of the Bible that says we should do what we do with the other people in mind, to do no harm, to do as much good as we possibly can... without thinking we must work to make our group the most powerful... the first.

I am also going to try to fix my computer tomorrow, so I can post pictures after I edit them... but that's another story.


No comments: