Saturday, June 22, 2013



Today was World Refugee Day... I "worked" the event as a volunteer and gained an insight...  We are all refugees in one way or another.  I'll write about that tomorrow with pictures tomorrow from today...


But for today, the picture I didn't get is the subject of this BLOG post.  I had been hearing all week that  the moon is closer to earth today and tomorrow than it has been in a long time.  I had in mind all day going out at moonrise time to take a photograph of the moon rising over San Diego.  On my drive out toward a favorite vantage point, I saw the marine layer rolling in fast; so I headed back to Harbor Island where I settled for a picture, without moon, of the San Diego skyline.  I'll try again tomorrow night for moonrise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a striking picture of San Diego with lights still on in the buildings and on the Coronado bridge!
Helen T.