Saturday, April 13, 2013


SEVENTH DAY... Mobile Phone Pictures

I’ve survived the week without touching an SLR camera, the first time at least since January 1, 1987... and probably going back to a time earlier than that. I got all my photos du jour  this week with my iPhone 4S.  I confess that I’m interested in knowing what the iPhone 5 can do, but that’s a project for another time.  Tomorrow it’s back to my old pattern of always carrying around a Nikon and a Sony point-and-shoot... and, of course, the iPhone, which will hereafter be respected as a “real: camera.



Today, however, I decided to think mostly black and white.  I met friend Bruce and his niece in the coffee shop by the flamingos at the zoo, walked around with them for awhile, and then went out to see Julian play soccer.  I began with a couple of images that were mostly black and white in a world of color, not because of editing in the digital “dark room” but because that’s the way I found them... on the ground; and how could I resist the red rims on the wheels of a Chevy Bel Air.  That, too, was a black and white image in a world of color... I didn't need Photoshop to get the picture just right.  At the zoo I got portraits of some feathered friends and of Bruce and Emily... then of a couple of primates who are obviously my distant relatives... then at Julian’s indoor soccer game the light just wasn’t high enough for action shots with the iPhone (finally found something it couldn’t do); so outside I snapped portraits of Nina, Eric and their neighbor and got a couple of pictures of Julian with his soccer buddies.














No comments: